Take time for yourself because mental health matters
Join our hosts, Amy Oberholtzer and Lisa Novak, in conversation with mental health professionals and others about topics that concern us as we navigate our parenting journeys and support our kids struggling with their emotional well-being.
Connect with a community that understands your experience
Parenting the Mental Health Generation
• Parenting Pitfalls (11/15/22)
• What is executive function and how do I help my kid build it at home? (10/18/22)
• Taking the Pressure Off: Dinnertime Conversations Matter (9/20/22)
• Parenting the Mental Health Generation Season 2 Trailer (9/1/22)
• Managing My Mental Health as a College Freshman: A Son and His Mom Share Their Story (8/9/22)
• Get to Know Our Hosts Amidst Community Trauma (7/27/22)
• Making Sense of Our Chaotic World (6/2/22)
• Talk About It! End. The. Stigma. (4/20/22)
• Tips for Parenting an Anxious Child (3/17/22)
• Loving our Kids Unconditionally... Even When We Don't Like Them (2/18/22)
• Our Kids' Learning Loss: A New Perspective (2/4/22)
• Help! My Kid is Falling Apart! (12/2/22)
• Talking About Trauma (11/18/21)
• Parenting the Mental Health Generation Season 1 Trailer (11/18/21)
Real Talk: Essays from Real Life
Parenting can be pretty rough, but we rarely see that because most people only talk about the good stuff.
In our essay series, In Real Life, parents and others share stories about the challenges of raising a child with mental health struggles.
If you'd rather listen than read, tune in to Real Talk: Essays from Real Life, from the team behind Parenting the Mental Health Generation, the CATCH podcast.
When you hear others share their most vulnerable moments, you'll know you are not alone.
• Stop, Drop & Roll (6/9/22)
• Dear Anxiety (5/31/22)
• I Grieve Because My Son is a Senior, and This Is It (5/25/22)
• The Work of Worrying Less (5/9/22)
• Am I Brave Enough (4/20/22)